Thursday, December 3, 2009

Home Decor Obsession: Hanging the Christmas Wreath


For those of you who've followed my family blog, this might be a repeat post for you (posted last Christmas). A few years back, I saw this idea in a magazine. Instead of using a metal wreath hanger, use ribbon! You can hang it as low or high as you want (the metal wreath hangers don't really work for homes with tall doors - - like ours). And it makes it look very classy. All you have to do is cut how much ribbon you want to use, attach to the wreath (I put the ribbon between branches so it would hold it), and then use a thumb tack to attach the end of the ribbon to the top of the door (the part you don't see). And there you go. You're sure to get compliments. I know I have.

On a sad note: last night as I was getting out all of my Christmas decor, I realized that I left a box (that has most of my decor) in Vegas when we were moving. It's at my in-laws. Oh sadness.


1 comment:

  1. That ribbon did add a nice touch on the whole Christmas wreath. Congrats!

    boerum hill apartments

    ReplyDelete