Sunday, February 21, 2010

Home Decor Obsession: frame within a frame

I love the idea of a frame within a frame (very sorry - don't know to who I should credit this photo - I'd saved it awhile ago when I didn't keep track).


I decided to do my own version of a frame within a frame. We have a large wall in our living room that needed some spicing up. We had a few picture frames, but it was just blah. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I have a friend that did something similar to this, to one of her photos and it looks very classy.

I found this cool frame at a thrift store for about $3. The color theme of our living room is tan with white and turqoise accents. I thought this would be perfect. So I taped the turqoise trim off and then spray painted away (first using a few coats of spray paint prime and then a few coats of white spray paint).

And here is the after picture:

Have you done anything cool with a frame, lately?






11 comments:

  1. Cool idea! I wanna try it. Love the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the black and white photos with those crisp frames! awesome Idea!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so going to do that in my baby's nursery! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea! I've seen lots of frames 80% off at Hobby Lobby lately, and I've been trying to think of something to do with them. This is perfect!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great!! I love the white with the color in the inner. Thanks for sharing!
    Kaysi
    Keeping It Simple

    ReplyDelete