Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"What I'm Loving" Wednesday

When I was pregnant with Ava, a cousin of my husband, suggested that I read this book. It made sense and I decided to follow the things they suggested. After implementing their ideas, little Ava was sleeping through the night at 11-12 weeks. And when we'd put her down to take a nap she'd just go to sleep, usually, without crying. I was amazed!

So with Reese I knew I'd be doing it again. I was a little bit more frustrated this time around cause it didn't seem like she was catching on as quickly. And during her second month, she was a needy little one. Always wanting to be held and crying if we didn't. But at 12 weeks she is now sleeping through the night and we're loving it.


Is there a book that you read that helped you prepare for your little one? Would love to hear about your experience!


{Now, I know, I know, I know. I've heard it many times. There are a lot of people who don't like this book. But this has worked for our little family and we love it!}


5 comments:

  1. The best parenting book ever! Have you checked out http://www.babywisemom.com/ ? The books and this blog are essential to our family.

    I give a copy as babyshower gifts al the time. Those who actually read and use the book always thank me later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too loved this book. Our family has done really well with the Awake, sleep methods this book talks about.

    I haven't really read any other parenting books yet, but I want to read Love & Logic parenting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had great success with Tracey Hogg's books - The Baby Whisperer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with above. All 3 of my kids have been routined by "baby whisperer". It is similar to baby wise, but not so much a schedule with time as it is with a routine, regardless of what time. I read them both and baby whisperer seems more flexible since a baby will not stick to a time schedule, will they?
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this as well, but combined it with Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. I was a little frustrated with some of the ideas presented in BW, but happy to say my little one started sleeping thru at 10 wks.

    ReplyDelete