Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"What I'm Loving" Wednesday



When I was pregnant with my first little one, I decided that I was going to use cloth diapers. I researched and researched. You can imagine the responses I received. Basically, everyone thought I was "crazy". I was so self-conscious about it, that some of my friends didn't even know. {although now I really could care less}

But I bought a bunch of them and knew that in the long run, I'd save a lot of money! And I have! I didn't start using them until Ava was 4 months though because I had received so many diapers from her baby showers. Same with Reese. I've started using them on her within the past month.

The diapers I've been using are fuzzibunz. And they work. But I'd love to try some other brands out there sometime. There are so many! Any of you that use them?

Here are a few of my tips:

-I use them only when I'm at home {unless I'm out of disposable diapers}. If I'm out and about for a few hours or more, I usually change her into a disposable diaper. For me, it's just so much easier and I don't have to worry about storing the dirty diaper in my diaper bag.

-make sure you rinse the diaper out right away. Then you can store it in a plastic bag until you do your wash. If you don't rinse it right away, you'll start to notice a nasty, little odor.

-At night I usually don't use a cloth diaper on them because the ones I have at times will leak through at night {not sure about the other kinds}.

-I bought most of my diapers on e-bay in a lot and at the fuzzibunz seconds store- - that way they're cheaper than buying them from the company.

-It's rare that my little girls have diaper rashes when I use/used them.

- I don't take them on vacation.

-I keep a few cloth diapers in our 72 hour kit just in case. You never know what's gonna happen, right?

-plus, they're really fashionable. They come in almost every color and look so cute on the little ones.
I'm sure there's more, but I just can't think of anything else right now. Any questions?

Happy diapering!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have a friend that makes and sells cloth diapers. After scouring her website, I decided that when we start a family, I'm TOTALLY doing cloth diapers. Anytime I've told anyone, they think I'm crazy, so I'm glad to find someone else who likes them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! Would you want to share something with us that you've made recently? ‎{Share the Love} link up party is starting tomorrow at mydomesticdesign.com! Please come link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cloth diaper my baby exact same way as you. Not when I am outdoors and also not for overnight use. I love cloth diapering, been doing this since 6 months and it has been so good so far. I love 'Hippybottomus pocket cloth diapers', they are very economically priced and brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this post is old, but I use cloth diapers, too. I use Bum Genius 4.0's and Flips. I used to have to use disposables at night because the CD's leaked, but I simply bought some hemp inserts and I put one inside the 4.0's, along with the regular insert, and no leaking! I love cloth diapering!

    ReplyDelete