Friday, May 4, 2012

:: ramblings

Take a step back.


We often compare our weaknesses or the things we don't have with other's strengths and the things that we see them have.
It's not healthy.  And it's not fair.  Not fair to us.
I'm very guilty of this.  I need to stop.
This is why, every once in a while, I try to take a step back to see how truly blessed I am.


I may not be at home with the girls full-time but I'm so blessed to have a job where I choose the hours and I don't have to be gone for 12 hour shifts.


Even though I've had to support my husband through law school, 
I'm so grateful that I chose to go to college and get an education.


Although we didn't have the biggest home or nicest home, through working together, my husband and I have tried to make it into a beautiful gem.


I married an amazing man.  Of course we have our struggles.
  We're not perfect. . . and neither is our marriage,
but he has been a huge support and always puts up with me even when I'm being stubborn.
Yes, I'm stubborn . . . every once in a while.


I've been blessed with the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.
The knowledge of eternal families is so precious to me.
And this book has changed my life.
Grateful for Him.


My girls are healthy.


My husband and I are both healthy.


We have a supportive family who loves us.


We live in an amazing country with freedoms that some countries only dream of.


We're here on this earth to be happy.


And that's what we should be.


So, take a step back today.
And see all that you've been blessed with.
I bet you've been blessed with more than you realize.


Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of how important it is to be grateful for the blessings in my own life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post with an excellent reminder. I needed to see this today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful thoughts, Amy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete