Tuesday, May 3, 2011

refurbishing: coffee table

A little over a year ago, I was looking on Craigslist for a coffee table that I could transform. And I found this one. I posted it here. It was about $25-$30. And I knew it would look amazing when finished.
So, here we are . . . one year later. Hey. At least it's finished. The main reason it took so long was that we had issues with the wood stripper I was using. So we decided to go out and buy a sander instead. It did the job wonderfully and now we have a beautiful coffee table! But there were months and months that we didn't even touch it. It just sat in the garage.


Before:






So, here is the awaited finished product. {I'm sure you've all been in total suspense.}





What project are you still in the middle of? {don't worry, I'll be the first to admit that I'm in the middle of many!}


I'll be linking to these parties here.


16 comments:

  1. Gosh I love your stuff! I'm about to start a HUTCH for my shoot on the 14th. My hands are trembling. I don't even know how to start! But I know I have to be finished in less than 2 weeks!!!!

    (let the sweating begin... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's beautiful! great job!

    i'm dabbeling in many. next i'm going to start working on some lamps for our master bedroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It‘s so nice that I found your blog about your link at Show and Tell. Of course I’ve scrolled a little and like what I see. Now I’m your new follower! ;)

    Take care
    Tine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Your table looks wonderful! And I love the simplicity of the glass vessel with lemons & mini spheres and your great natural rug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished sanding my dresser last week, and still haven't stained it. http://creativecreations-tals.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-current-project.html

    I also started sanding stools, and because the stain is so thick I want to resort to stripping them. I haven't done that yet either.

    http://creativecreations-tals.blogspot.com/2011/04/current-project-updates.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave you an award on my blog today.
    http://mybarrelofmonkeys-jen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job, Amy! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow look at the difference! great job. I'm a new follower. I saw you on tip junkie.

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a difference a little white paint can make!! I also have a few tables, just waiting to be painted - just waiting for someone to put 30 hours in a day for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is just amazing what white paint can do . I love your coffee table

    I have so many projects waiting I am over whelmed. So I am having a yard sale LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amy~

    You have such a lovely blog, I am thrilled to be a new follower. :) The coffee table transformation is amazing!


    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog-- love it and the table you painted! Looking forward to more posts.
    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out fabulous! I'm featuring you in my Flaunt it Friday features, stop by and grab an "I was featured" button if you'd like. Thanks for linking Flaunt it Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice Blog!
    Thanks for sharing it.......
    Coffee Tables

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job! I love finding cheap furniture and fixing it up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice blog and great information, which you have mentioned in your post.

    ReplyDelete