Thursday, December 20, 2012

:: Party Details - ugly sweater party

I haven't put on a party in such a long time and I knew a couples "Ugly Sweater Party"
would be perfect.

We had a hot chocolate bar with yummy treats,
some Christmas Trivia, opened white elephant gifts, 
gave a prize for the ugliest sweater,
and played Christmas Reverse Charades (which was a hit).

It was so nice to be able to create once again and to do what I love
 to do . . . put on a party!
I feel like my life has been so busy and stressful lately
so it was nice to have some fun with some good friends.


I usually like to try to design my own invites, but I was pressed for time
so I found this cute one off of etsy.


I bought these mugs from ikea for $1 each
and followed this tutorial here from DesignMom.








And here was my little helper who just had to put the jingle bells on the mug
so it could look "cute".

It was so much fun, that I plan on doing this yearly!


invitation:  YvoneBDesigns from etsy
mugs: ikea
servingware: Old Town Imports


7 comments:

  1. What a fun idea and such cute decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea! Love all the decor and snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely party! I like the contrast of the red and the black and white.... so pretty and not OVER THE TOP Christmasy! It would work for many winter gatherings. Found you through the Yesterday on Tuesday linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have probably 30 of the same mugs i bought for a party too:) i can't wait to sharpie them up! cute party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays! Thank you for sharing your fun sounding party with us on A Crafty Soiree. I'm Katie and I co-host with Malia from Yesterday on Tuesday. I've featured your project in this week's newest one. It's up now, please come by when you get a chance to see it and have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete