Tuesday, February 28, 2012

:: 35 before 35 - #9

On Saturday I completed #9 on my 35 before 35 list.
I became a Tough Mudder!

11 miles (many of them hills) and then 25 obstacles which included ice cold water and live wires.
There were 12 of us on our team {including the hubby} and we all made it out alive.
We finished it within 4 hours.

These are the before pics:



During pic:

And these are the after pics:


{I'm so tough, I don't even care that I look like a dork with my hair flying everywhere.}



Things I wish I would've done to prepare more:
- we were running in Temecula, CA near Vail Lake.  I wish I would've trained running up hills.  We started out the run running up a hill and I was out of breath in 5 minutes. 
-  I wish I would've practiced doing the monkey bars {I really haven't done those since 6th grade, but was impressed I was able to do a little more than half - - and they started out at an incline!}
-  I wish I would've worn those capri running pants so that I had something covering my knees cause my knees are scraped up.
-  I wish I would've drank more water that morning.  After that first hill I was dying of thirst, but they didn't have a water station until around mile 3.

Favorite obstacle:
the slip and slide and the balance beam

Least favorite obstacle:
the ice bath, the ice bath, did I mention the ice bath?
{we had to jump into this large container of water with 3-4 inches of ice on top . . . THEN we had to go under water to the other side and then climb out - - I get cold very easily - -
 I was almost in panic mode . . . not good}
oh, and I wasn't too excited about the live wires, but they weren't as bad as I had imagined - - I did get shocked twice.

So, the question is, would I do it again?
Probably . . . if I didn't think too much about the ice bath.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amy! You're my hero. I think I would die if I ran much less climbed all over those obstancles! :) Glad to see you're accomplishing stuff off your list!

    ReplyDelete