Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dessert Obsession: Frozen Mango Dessert

I found this recipe years ago. Just forgot where I found it. oops. Anyway, it uses one of my favorite fruits - - mangos. A few years back, I lived in El Salvador and ate them almost daily. Loved them and I still do! Hope you love this dessert as much as I do! This time of year, mangos are a little cheaper, so take advantage of them.


Frozen Mango Dessert


filling:

3 mangos (peeled and chopped)

1 1/4 c. sugar divided into 3/4 c and 1/2 c

1/4 c fresh lime juice

1 8oz container of 50% less fat cream cheese

1 8oz container of fat free coolwhip


topping:

1 large mango peeled and thinly sliced

2 Tbl. sugar

2 Tbl. fresh lime juice


crust:

1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs (10 whole crackers)

2 Tbl. sugar

3 Tbl. light butter (melted)


-bake crust in a springform pan (9-10 in) at 375 for 8 minutes. take out and cool.

-puree mangos with 1/2 c. sugar; put aside.

-mix cream cheese and 3/4c. sugar in bowl (beat well)

-mix puree mixture in cream cheese mixture at low speed until well combined

-fold the whipped topping into the above mixture until well blended

-pour mixture into cooled crust

-cover with foil and freeze until firm (4 hours)


Enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. Oh my! That sounds divine! I can never get enough mangos to satisfy me! Nothing compare with a fresh mango from El Salvador! I am going to have to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy. I love Mangoes. I grew up in Guatemala and ate Mangoes nearly everyday. I can never find ones that taste as good as they did when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that recipe - loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds SO good. Except you should've taken a picture of the yummy-ness! hahaha Thanks for sharing with us. I will definitely try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete