Thursday, September 8, 2011

:: parties - Swap Party

For awhile now, I've wanted to do a swap party.
We're in a recession and no one has money,
so why not just swap items with friends!
We all know that we have a ton of clothes, accessories, shoes, purses, etc.
hanging in the closet and collecting dust.
So that's just what I did.
About 15 of us gathered together and brought
all of our items we wanted to get rid of.
First person there was the first to pick and so on.
We did that for about 4 rounds and then ended
up doing a free-for-all.

It was a lot of fun!
So much better than thrift store shopping
cause it's free and the clothes don't have that thrift store
smell and the "I need to get to my car asap to use that hand sanitizer" feeling.
You know what I'm talking about.
Anyway, it was a success and we've decided to do it every 3 months.
Yay for new clothes and accessories
that are free!







9 comments:

  1. FUN! I do a home decor SWAP once a year and it's been a huge hit! Maybe we should shake it up a little and do clothes & accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun I've always wanted to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to have a swap party with my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea! I've only done it for clothes, but I think it would be great for all kinds of things, including old party decorations that you never use. (I know there's a site for something like that, but it's so much fun to meet up with friends!) Thanks for the idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I bet I could round up some of my friends to do this with me :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea..Hello there.. I'm following ya officially from made by you monday blog hop today..Lovely blog you have here.Can't wait to read more.. Hope you can stop by & visit me sometime / follow back.. TY So much.. Have a great week.Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com . Great creativity here. :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun idea! Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! Any cool ideas for invites???

    ReplyDelete