Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Edible Cornucopias

I had posted this last year, but since I probably had 10 followers and since I posted it a few days before Thanksgiving, thought I'd post it again.

Pin It



If you've ever been to my family's Thanksgiving Dinner, I'm pretty sure you've seen these. Ever since I can remember, we've had these at our Thanksgiving Feast. They're edible cornucopias that we make for each place setting. And . . . the best part is that they're really easy to make.


You first want to go to your nearest grocery store and buy waffle cones and any type of candy you want to put in the cornucopias when finished (we usually do nuts, candy corn, m&ms). Also if you have any gorgeous colored leaves you've picked (my mom, usually collects them during the fall and stores them in the refrigerator until thanksgiving - - just for this little place setting), they look great underneath the cornucopia and makes your table very colorful and festive.

You want to fill up a pan of hot water and place a steamer inside (make sure the water line is below the bottom of the steamer or else you're gonna get soggy cornucopias - - out of experience). Then boil.

Once boiling, place the waffle cone inside, place lid on, and count for 30-40 seconds.

Then take it out using a tong and bend the end of the cone so it looks like a cornucopia. Leave the tong in place for about 10-15 second so it stays like that. And you're done! Well, okay, maybe not completely done. You just have to add the best part which is the candy. (parents beware . . . your children might eat this before their Thanksgiving feast . . . I know I do!)
Hope you enjoy them for your Thanksgiving Feast! I'll be linking to the parties below.


26 comments:

  1. Thanks for reposting this, I was going to call you about them. I forgot that you had already posted them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally going to make these. Thanks for stopping by "In His Grip".

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI: We started doing these in 1978, although I always use the sugar cones and not the waffle cones. Glad you are keeping up the tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea! Super clever. Thanks for visiting... I'm your newest follower (-: Please join us on Thursday for A Crafty Soiree, the weekly linky party I co-host. xoxo Malia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever. I haven't seen these before. They would be perfect filled with my pumpkin pie ice cream I just posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun! I am highlighting this at somedacyrafts.blogspot.com. /grab my featured button.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Just stopping by from Mid Week Mingle and following your blog.

    www.thewhitewhimsies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the smartest idea! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a cute idea! Love it!

    Hello! I am your newest follower from a Wednesday Blog Hop! I would love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs!

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
    http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
    http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

    Thanks! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi. I am your newest follower!! Lovely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! What a super fun idea!! I didn't know you could reshape waffle cones - I love that. Thanks for the yummy treat!
    ~stopping by from A Crafty Soiree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did those a few years ago and it didn't work. You did it a little differently. I think I will try it your way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to try these! I'm including them in my Friday Favorites tomorrow. Thanks for reposting it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, these are so CUTE! I love them! What a great thanksgiving idea :)

    I would LOVE for you to link up to my What's Cooking Wednesday!

    http://notsohomemade.blogspot.com/2010/11/from-scratch-pumpkin-pie-1110-whats.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you re-posted!

    I'm posting this on my blog

    www.imlovinyourblog.blogspot.com

    let me know if you mind!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yum thanks for sharing, I am thinking cream cheese and whip creme fruit dip pipped in there with chunks of fruit sounds devine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! There's no beating cute, easy, AND yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love love love this!! i may have to steal this idea!!! you are one talented lady!!!

    xo
    monica

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cool idea, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love love love this cute idea! I featured this on Hoo's got talent this week! Thanks for linking up to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, I featured this today over at A Crafty Soiree!
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, so fun and yummy! I want to try this for my kids. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete