Thursday, November 11, 2010

Photography: embrace the camera - Nov. 11

Last Saturday evening, Ava had a mild case of croup. Well, mild, meaning waking up every hour while coughing and crying. It was awful, to say the least. And of course it happend the night that we gained an hour of sleep. Uggghhh.
Well, she came into bed with us and wouldn't stop crying. As soon as I suggested that she and I have a sleepover in the livingroom while watching "Barney" all night long, she immediately stopped crying and jumped off of the bed. She was so excited. The last thing we needed was for the hubby to get sick during finals, so he stayed in bed. He came out and took a picture of us and had a look of jealousy. He really wanted to hang out with us night owls. But to tell you the truth, I'd rather get sick than have to take care of a sick husband. Am I right? Well, after watching the third episode she was still wide awake. What was I thinking?! I thought she'd fall asleep during the first episode, but I was wrong. She finally did fall asleep and then woke up every hour after that due to the coughing. I'm just glad this happend before the baby came. It could've been much worse.
I'm grateful for moments like these - - not the sick part, but being there for her - - even in the middle of the night. I hope that at this young and tender age, she understands and knows how much her mama loves her.


Did you embrace your camera this week?


4 comments:

  1. Croup is the worst! My daughter had it a few weeks ago. We took her to the doctor and they gave her a shot which helped a ton! I hope your family gets better soon.

    justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope she feels better soon!!! adorable photo :) I am positive she knows how much her mama loves her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great shot but what a terrible night!
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet picture, but that doesn't sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete