Friday, March 5, 2010

Cooking Obsession: Manicotti

A favorite recipe of mine is Manicotti (another one from kraftfoods.com). I've been making it for years (no, of course my hubby isn't sick of it) and I am still loving it. It's easy to make and delicious. Although when I was trying to have my 2 year old daughter say it, well, this was our conversation:
me: "manicotti. say manicotti."
little one: "pizza. yum."
me: " it's manicotti. sorta like pizza. say manicotti."
little one: "mommy-potty"
me: "m-a-n-i-c-o-t-t-i"
little one: "mommy-potty"
me: {sigh}

Obviously the 2 year old didn't get it. But she loves it and thinks it's pizza. Oh dear. What have I done.
Easy Baked Manicotti
2 c. spaghetti sauce, divided
1-3/4 c. ricotta cheese
1-1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 egg beaten
1/4 c. pesto
12 manicotti shells, cooked, rinsed in cold water
Heat oven to 350.
Spread 3/4c. sauce on bottom of 13x9 in baking dish. Mix cheeses, egg, and pesto until well blended; spoon into resealable plastic bag; use scissors to cut one corner off of bag.
Fill manicotti shells by squeezing cheese mixture into both sides of each shell; (**side note: at this point I'm feeling like a pastry chef and loving it) place in baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and cover.
Bake 40 min. or until heated through.
**side note - I usually double this and put half of it in ziploc bags in the freezer. It's a really quick and easy meal to prepare for days when you're very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment