Thursday, March 25, 2010

Personal Family History Obsession: Blog Book

I used to be a journal writing freak. I'd write in my journal almost every single week. I still have one, but because of life, I don't get to it as often as I should. I also used to be a scrapbooker, but I think it just became too overwhelming for me. When I started my family blog, I thought that that was a perfect way to document our family history. A perfect combination of the two. I'm now a blogging freak. And thank goodness for Blurb BookSmart. They're able to "slurp" up all of your blog posts and put it into a book (you can have them arrange it for you or you do it yourself - - I did it myself). Amazing!

I just received the one I made for the past year and I love it! So does my little munchkin.



For some reason, I skipped 2008 so now I'm in the middle of working on that book (might be because there are a million trillion pictures due to the munchkin being born).

Do you put your blog in a book? What program do you use?

4 comments:

  1. I just started working on mine yesterday. LOVING blurb!! Thanks for showing what your book looks like! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book looks amazing. I so wish there had been blogs when my kids were young. I don't know if I'm going to make a book at the end of the year since it isn't a record of my children growing up but I might - who knows. I've never seen one before so thanks for showing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to do this forever! Yours looks like it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMW! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This is exactly what I needed. I have a more private / family blog that I've had since 2006 and have always felt it would be awesome to turn it into a book of sorts, just never knew there was a way...

    I'm so thrilled to get started. I used to LOVE scrapbooking, but with 2 kids and a third on the way, there's no time or space for it. Blogging is so perfect because, I don't have to have a ton of supplies or take up a ton of space, I just do it pretty regularly and at the end of the year, the option of turning it into a book is awesome! Especially when I think of all the space I will save in having these in compact books vs. huge 12 x12 scrapbooks! Wow!

    Thank you again!!!
    :) Autumn
    www.tumtales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete