Monday, November 9, 2009

Craft Obsession: bow holders

When I was a youngun, my mother put all of our bows on the two long braids of this stuffed doll head that hung on the wall (now as I read this, it sounds a little disturbing). I wanted to somehow display little girl A's bows but in a really elegant way. And I found it!

A while back, I saw this post here on nannygoat (one of my favs), and knew that I had to create my own little version for little girl A. Not that she has a ton of hair. But we're now starting to finally do it. Which means I definitely now need something to hang all of her lovely bows on.

All you have to do is find a cool, cheap frame, use spray paint primer all over, and then choose your favorite, yummy color and spray paint again. Buy ribbon that coordinates with your awesome frame and then either hot glue it or staple it to the back. Then be sure to hang it in a spot where you'll receive many oohs and ahhs. I love it and I think little girl A does too! Every morning as we leave her room, she asks for "a bow".


I love the details that are found on this frame. Makes it look so elegant. Love it!

1 comment:

  1. That is soooo cute! I'm going to have to remember that if I ever have a girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete