Monday, November 16, 2009

Spray Paint Obsession: chalkboard tray

Shhhh. It's a secret. I have an obsession with chalkboard spraypaint. And I have quite a few projects that I've been working on that I can't wait to show you.

So . . . you know those breakfast trays that you may . . . or may not be using? Well, we have two of them that were collecting dust in some corner (although I think everyone should have breakfast in bed every single day). I had forgetten about them until we moved. And I had the perfect idea!!! Why not make a little chalkboard tray for little A for Christmas? I mean, today she did draw on the screen of our HDTV (you should have seen my hubby's face when I told him what happend - - no worries though, it came off, although if you look very closely, you can see the beautiful indented picture she drew). And, plus, you could still use it as a breakfast tray.

-I brought out my oh-so-trusty chalkboard spraypaint (there's also chalkboard paint you can buy and you can even make it yourself if you want to - - just check on the internet)

- using painters tape, I taped all the edges (so I wouldn't get spray paint on the wood)

-then I spray painted two coats. easy peasy.

Before you spray paint with the chalkboard paint, you could even prime and spraypaint the wood with some amazing color. I thought of that afterwards. I could still do it though. I do have a ton of pink spray paint that I used on little A's bow holder. Maybe. We'll see.

But I do know that she will love it when she opens it on Christmas morning. And I think my hubby will too - for the sake of his HDTV.

1 comment:

  1. I have never even heard of chalkboard spray paint! Very cool! Amy I am impressed! You are so very creative!

    ReplyDelete