Monday, November 2, 2009

Painting Obsession: family room

We just moved into our new home a few months ago. And let me just tell you that I'm in heaven! White walls for the past 3 years of renting?! I'm definitely ready to get some color going. Although, when I had those white walls, I wish I would have seen this blog (which has quickly become one of my favorites and is now why I have white slipcover couches - love them!).


We're still in the process, so I can't show you any "after" photos yet, but here are our before pics:

And these are our inspiration photos (and I'm really sorry . . . I just got these photos off the internet and don't know who to credit them to. need to be better at that.) So this might give you a little sneek peak of what our family room might look like . . .

When I told family members that we painted our family room lime green . . . you KNOW the comments we got (you just might possible be thinking them right . . . now!) But after people have seen it they love it (or at least that's what they tell us - - well, they see it through skype . . . so who knows how accurate the colors are.)


But . . . I love the feeling I get as I walk through our family room. Simply put, it just makes me happy. Can't wait to show you the after pics!

3 comments:

  1. yeah for paint. I have lime green in my house and it looks great. Don't worry about others. If you like it that's all that matters. i hate white walls too. I love the new blog and hope to check it out often. I have loved having my crafty blog too. It's a way to organize all my projects and file away great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I'm so excited for your new blog!!! Can't wait to see the pictures of how it turned out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool!, where did you find those slipcovers for your couches?

    ReplyDelete