Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"What I'm Loving" Wednesday

Before Reese was blessed, I really needed to whiten the blessing dress that she was going to wear (30 years old) and the slip she would wear (60 years old). The slip was very yellow.
I'd done a lot of research online and decided I'd try to whiten it with Ivory Snow, but I couldn't find it any stores here (although you can get it online - - I now know). So I decided to go with my second choice . . . oxiclean. And it worked! You can definitely notice the differences below. I left the dress in it for about 4 hours and the slip in it for about 30 minutes. I then let them dry in the sun - - did you know the sun is a bleacher?



What products do you like to use to whiten?

2 comments:

  1. Grandma Call made that slip with so much love. She would be happy that Reese was able to use it. I'm glad we have a pic of it, even if it is for an oxiclean plug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boots are sold out on Shoe Ocean, I also found there here on Amazon, but they are sold out for now there too. Here's the link : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GYOF3Y/ref=ox_ya_os_product

    Hope you get them! They are so cute!

    Happy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete